The constituents of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, particularly when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been looking at this matter for 15 years. I’ve talked with parents that are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with professionals who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just get started with something basic. What exactly is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent is definitely the primary constituent of each vaccine. Such as antigens like hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one reason behind pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This really is utilized to increase the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and causing a slow discharge of it. Aluminum within the blood is associated to allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This is utilized to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Contact with formaldehyde is associated to cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is absolutely no known threshold level below which there exists not really a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also known as merthiolate, thimerosal comes from mercury and has been used as being a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is among the most potent neurotoxins proven to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from U.S. licensed vaccines. This occurred after it was said that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury during the first 6 months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol is still found in flu vaccines and then in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent scientific studies are showing that thimerosal is more prevalent in vaccines now than it absolutely was in 1999!
5) Other Components: Included in this are phenol that is utilized in the extraction procedure for making vaccines and is a very toxic substance produced from coal tar that can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and 2 phenoxyethanol are alcohols which can be used as antiseptics to hinder the expansion and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And and then there are the unwanted or unknown components which simply occur during the process. It is particularly challenging to establish factors behind side effects due to these unknown substances.
So, what exactly are we to make of the? I’m not sure. Will it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I would personally knowingly inject into my own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it would be for their benefit.
Vaccine proponents repeat the proof of benefit is obvious. Vaccine opponents say the proof benefit is way from clear and this the science behind vaccinations is pretty shabby. Before you make a decision, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, visit the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For your con side of vaccinations, visit the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).